Five powerful ways to regain control over acne
Sometimes, even after your best efforts, you can’t curb acne on your own. So, it is always a good idea to learn about the causes of acne and choose dedicated solutions to work on these key triggers. There are various reasons behind acne, such as acne-causing bacteria, excess oil on the skin, etc. You need an advanced technology to tackle them at the root so that acne can be banished effectively and not just superficially. Technologically driven, clinically proven solutions are essential for preventing this skin condition from recurring and thoroughly boosting your skin’s health. Here are five efficient ways to curb acne and regain control over your skin:
1. High-science formulation:TT (thymol + terpineol) technology is the first-of-its-kind solution backed by experts to be effective against all types of acne. The 0.1% thymol + terpineol formulation has been clinically proven to reduce acne in seven days and acne marks in two weeks.
The scientifically formulated TT technology is designed to work on the root cause of acne, i.e. acne-causing bacteria. It is infused with the goodness of thymol and terpineol, which identify, target, and destroy gram-positive and gram-negative acne-causing bacteria specifically. Thus, it does not damage the healthy bacteria and restores the skin’s natural microbiome. This advanced duo technology not only soothes the acne but also works under the skin to prevent new ones from forming, often breaking the vicious breakout cycle.
2. Excess oil control is the key:Acne is triggered when sebum and dead skin cells are trapped in the skin’s follicles. While sebum is necessary to keep your skin moisturised, an excess can lead to clogged pores and inflamed skin. Avoid using thick oil-based creams on the face, which can further clog your pores, to keep acne at bay. Also, avoid using hair oil for long hours.
So, removing excess oil off your skin is the wisest thing to do, but without stripping your skin of moisture.
3. Choose clinically proven solutions: There are many popular skincare remedies today that claim to work on acne overnight. These often contain salicylic acid, kojic acid, azelaic acid, retinol, etc. But did you know these ingredients may not show visible, positive results? These chemicals are not advanced to detect the harmful bacteria that need to be eliminated, and end up killing both good and bad bacteria.
This may result in dryness, redness, itching, burning sensations, and increased skin sensitivity. Hence, you need a clinically-proven formulation that targets the cause of acne from deeper within the skin’s surface without compromising your skin’s health.
4. Practice meticulous skin hygiene:Clogged pores and bacteria can result in inflamed acne – the nodular and cystic types. Be thorough with your hygiene practices to prevent the growth of acne-causing bacteria. Anything that touches your skin must be clean and sanitised. This includes your clothes, pillowcase, bedsheets, helmet, masks, workout gear, and makeup tools.
Always wash your skin after a workout session to avoid bacterial growth that can increase bacterial growth. Store cosmetic products in hygienic places. Avoid using products that irritate your skin.
5. Use sunscreen religiously:It is no secret that UV rays can aggravate acne and inflammation. So, skipping your sunscreen when outdoors is not an option. Sunscreen protects against the oxidative damage caused by UV rays and also helps prevent hyperpigmentation.
Choose a suitable sunscreen according to your skin type. If you are worried about it making your skin greasy, use non-comedogenic and mattifying sunscreens for adequate oil control while staying protected against UV rays. These work great with acne-prone and sensitive skin as well.
These tips will reduce acne over time. But, if you want to target acne at the base of the problem, measures like the high-science TT technology, which has been backed by experts, are ideal.
Besides maintaining your skin’s oil balance, practising good hygiene, and wearing sunscreen, adopting clinically proven and expert-backed solutions like the TT technology can help you reduce acne effectively and achieve healthy skin.